Predominantly focused on developing new business via self-made appointments across the Hotel and Hospitality sector in commercial kitchen and laundry equipment spare parts and service.
A database of qualified opportunities has been prepared specifically for the role
A large majority of new business is currently leveraged via Senior Engineers and F&B contacts and the development and maintenance of these relationships is a key aspect of the role.
Liaison with field based operational colleagues is also important in order to gain awareness of issues or opportunities and to request support for delivering complex sales propositions. Maintaining a professional image is crucial in helping to build trust and ‘working together spirit’ with colleagues.
Working to annual targets that are reviewed regularly linked to a compensation scheme. Targets are both activity and capability related
Account management of existing major accounts within the territory whilst maintaining a new business stance. Day to day management of customer accounts will be handled by you.
Whilst much of the sales activity can be reviewed on the ‘live’ system you would still be required to complete sales reports on a weekly basis to summarise activity and to provide commentary and forecast information.
You would be expected to carry out on going market research to develop your knowledge of the market and to take part in networking opportunities, some of which may be out of hours to broaden your contact database.
Expected weekly activity:
- Generation of sales appointments – minimum 10 prospect first calls each week
- Carrying out face to face sales calls:
- 10 x 1st calls
- 5 x 2nd + calls
- 2 x Customer calls / Handover calls
- Completion of admin as necessary
- Quotes to be generated off tablet and electronically sent to HO for creation
- Weekly activity reporting
- Customer comms to be carried out on an ongoing basis.
- Progress chasing of sales pipeline
- Follow up calls to clients
- Sales generation activity
- Networking events
- Market research
- Cold calling
- Proven sales track in the Hotel sector, laundry market, Service Maintenance essential. Experience in wider commercial catering/laundry industry is extremely desirable.
- Experience in UAE/GCC mandatory.
- Capable of both understanding the concept of the ‘sales platform’ and developing a personal sales activity plan designed to achieve sales targets
- Assumes someone who has developed a technical competence of the ‘sales process’
- Able to work with CRM systems and adhere to business processes to effectively manage and report on the sales activity
- Willing and able to develop sales opportunities from a range of sources from cold calling through to working in partnership with highly valued intermediaries
- Experience of putting together major deal / tender propositions
- Including the creation of bespoke documentation in a professional manner
- High level of Emotional Intelligence – able to build strong, sustainable relationships, empathise with and influence others
- High level of tenacity, drive and motivation to deliver impressive results
- Smart in appearance, credible, professional and confident communicator
- Agile thinker who is able to drive and respond quickly to change and embed within the organisation
- Possesses excellent organisational skills and demonstrates a high degree of personal effectiveness
- Good fit with McFarlane Telfer’s values and culture