Reporting to the Managing Director, this role is a key member of the senior management team and is fundamental to our ambitious growth plans.
We are a small (currently 85 strong), fast moving company and you will be responsible for developing and implementing the Sales strategy to drive planned growth (currently 30% compound pa). You will be a natural leader and able to generate new sales revenues through development of new business customers in McFT’s chosen market sectors. This role will include overall responsibility for performance of the Sales Team which is based out of our head office in Maidenhead, with business development managers also based in the Midlands and Manchester (other geographies to follow).
In addition, this role will have the remit for developing practical marketing solutions to support the achievement of stretching Sales targets.
We are looking for a pragmatic, hands on approach, the desire to take personal responsibility for overall achievement of targets, potentially carrying your own personal sales target. All our team here are involved, engaged; people who look for solutions and are proud of the place we work and the people we work with. You’ll enjoy being part of a team which works hard, thrives on success and has fun.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate experience of leadership, motivation and performance management of a sales team to achieve budgeted revenue and growth in line with company objectives.
• Have a proven sales track record in B2B environment with experience in Facilities Management or Service Maintenance essential. Experience in the commercial catering industry would be highly desirable.
• Guide and develop CRM systems and business processes to effectively manage the Sales & Marketing operation
• Assess, support and/or lead on major pitch opportunities
• Guide and inform the Marketing requirement – and assist in briefing of key support.
• Own the Customer Service Experience – and work across functions to deliver it.
• Demonstrate a high level of Emotional Intelligence – able to build strong relationships, empathise with and influence others
• Have a high level of tenacity, drive and motivation to deliver impressive results – prepared to go the extra mile
• Be credible, professional and a confident communicator
• Be an agile thinker who is able to drive and respond quickly to change and embed within the organisation
• Possess excellent organisational skills and demonstrate a high degree of personal effectiveness
• Be a good fit with McFarlane Telfer’s values and culture
In joining McFT you will be part of a great team which truly invests and values people and can provide you with the challenge and environment to reach your potential. Send your CV and a chatty covering note to People@McFT.com to be part of our story!